Friday, December 21, 2012

Something New

My friends, the writing challenge is over. It has been over for quite some time. I stopped writing for my blog after Thanksgiving break, but I didn't stop writing. I certainly wrote over an hour everyday; I had to, there were so many dang papers to write for finals! I calculated over 50 pages (double spaced). I guess that's not too bad, but depending on what I'm writing, those pages can really take some time!

I am very pleased with the creative material I produced over the course of this semester. I found it so beneficial to be alone for a bit and gather my thoughts before the day began. Aside from my blog, I'm 18 pages into a story/book. Plus, I'm going to send out some of my poetry today for publication. We'll see what happens! :)

Enough of that though, I am excited to move on to the next purpose for this blog.


I'm going to China in approximately 24 days!!! 

There are no words to express my anticipation! I know it's going to be a challenge, but no doubt an unforgettable experience and an incredible opportunity. I plan to post on this blog regularly (my goal is once a week). I'll be taking pictures and such too, which will be good. I needed to take more pictures this fall. There is a significant lack of pictures here!

我讲汉语的一点。Wŏ jiăng Hànyŭde yīdiăn (I speak a little Chinese). I have the vocabulary of a two year old, but I'm getting there. I'm afraid once I come face to face with a native Mandarin speaker, I'll incidentally forget everything I know. Ah. I hope not. I'll keep practicing. Let's hope I'll be up to par. 


The loving sentiment of an overjoyed roommate.
There's no doubt I'll be missing friends and family back home. I'll be gone for over four months (January 14-May 27, 2013)! How does the saying go? Distance makes the heart grow fonder? Haha. I hope so...

That's all for now. I'll be keeping you all posted! ;)


Sincerely,
{dm}

No comments:

Post a Comment