Monday, April 2, 2012

The Deadliest Attitude

I was reading this today in My Utmost for His Highest. The last paragraph really struck me hard because it is one of my greatest fears:
"'If we walk in the light as He is in the light...' (1 John 1:7). For many of us, walking in the light means walking according to the standard we have set up for another person. The deadliest attitude of the Pharisees that we exhibit today is not hypocrisy but that which comes from unconsciously living a lie."
More than anything, I do not want to reach the end of my life and realize I have been living a lie; to not just be a hypocrite, but an ignorant fool. I want the truth! I want the difficult, messy, hard way if that's what it takes to live a genuine life. It is one thing to want Truth, another to live it. Doing the hard thing takes sacrifice. Often, it is tremendous sacrifice. But if we do not have the strength to live in the Truth, then everything our faith is founded on was all for nothing. We have everything it takes to live genuinely. I will not die believing a lie.

"We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ..." (2 Cor. 5:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment