Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Kingdom

Last summer I made a quote book recording my deep or ridiculous thoughts on paper. They're sort of like Facebook status', except I didn't want to make them public.

Here's what I wrote on May 29, I thought it was so good I aught to share it.

"Jesus Christ didn't only offer a solution to get you to heaven. He offered a way of life that would get heaven to you; peace on earth, good will to men. If only we had the courage to believe him.
Eternal life doesn't begin when you die, it begins when you believe." 

After I read this I looked up Luke 17:20, where Jesus said:

"The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed, nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."*

*Footnote: Or within you, or within your grasp

I don't think He's saying there's heaven on earth as much as heaven in your heart. With citizenship in the kingdom, we have unexplainable love, joy, and peace despite the trials we go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment