Friday, January 20, 2012

Redeeming Failure

S**t happens. We have two choices, we can sit down and cry about it, or we can use the frustration to fuel  change. Frustration is a powerful tool. The pain of failure seems unbearable, especially when I fail doing something I love. It's heart breaking. I almost feel betrayed.

Running is one example. I commit so much time and effort into conditioning. To me, running isn't just a great way to stay in shape and be healthy, running is my passion (don't laugh. If you think I'm crazy, you just don't understand). Although, it is not necessarily running as much as the challenge of running that I love. It can be maddening. It teaches life lessons. It shows me what I'm really made of, not just how I race, but how I react after I race. I am forced to accept triumph and failure equally. They cannot define me.

Tonight was the SAU track girls' first indoor meet. It wasn't a good one for me. Still, with this setback comes determination to do better. I'm not going to give up in fear of trying harder and failing even worse. It is better to give all that you can and fail then hold back so at least you can say you weren't trying your hardest. If I fall, I'll fall hard. But if I succeed, then to God be the glory because at least I know I gave every ounce within me for Him. It may be shooting pain and agony up and down my body, but through the pain, I can feel His joy.


"I believe God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast. When I run, I feel His pleasure." --Eric Liddell

No comments:

Post a Comment